- Packages are limited and subject to availability.
- All prices are in Australian dollars, inclusive of Australian Goods and Services Tax (GST) calculated at the current rate of 10% (subject to change).
- Please check the spelling of guest names to ensure they match the individual’s passport, driver's licence or photo identification.
- In relation to all bookings where more than one guest is booking, the person making the booking on behalf of his/her guests will be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all of his/her guests.
- In relation to bookings including a child under the age of 18, please note that the parent/guardian is at all times responsible for their children.
Important Information related to COVID-19
- Even with health and safety measures in place at events, you acknowledge there remains an unquantifiable risk of transmission of viral illness including COVID-19 at an event at this time and you have considered that risk and your own personal circumstances, including any health condition or vulnerability that you may have or that of persons whom you will be in close contact with following your attendance at an event. You acknowledge that, for a small number of people, COVID-19 has very serious health consequences. By attending an event you (and any persons who attend the event with you) acknowledge and accept these obvious risks and the associated serious consequences.
- During your attendance at any event, you must comply with any direction given by the AFL (or AFLEO on behalf of the AFL) and the venue, and any direction or guidance given by the State and Federal Government in relation to COVID-19.
- Unless otherwise advised by AFLEO, patrons purchasing packages are able to provide contact details for the purchaser only (name, mobile number and email (or address where purchaser does not have an email account)). You must provide this information to AFLEO and ensure that it is accurate.
- The AFLEO is authorised by the AFL to sell and/or distribute AFL Premium packages.
- AFL Premium packages are sold subject to AFL Ticket and Entry Conditions and the venue conditions of entry. If you have not received these conditions, please contact AFL Event Office to request a copy.
- AFL Premium ticket(s) may not, without prior written authorisation of the AFL, be re-sold at a premium or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions), or to enhance the demand for other goods or services, either by the original purchaser or any subsequent bearer. If the ticket is sold in breach of these conditions, the ticket will be void and will not entitle the holder to admission to the event.
- All endeavours will be made to seat bookings together at functions where applicable. Final allocations will be subject to final mix of booking sizes relative to venue capacity.
- Tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged under any circumstances after purchase (except as set out in these Booking Conditions or the AFL Ticket and Entry Conditions). We strongly recommend you record details of your AFL Premium event ticket in case the tickets are misplaced or lost.
If a ticket(s) has been lost, they will only be reprinted with authorisation from the AFL Premium ticketholder. A request to reprint a ticket must be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Once tickets are reissued, there will be no circumstance in which the original ticket(s) will be admitted to the event.
Wheelchair and Carer Position or Accessible Seating
If a wheelchair and carer position, or accessible seating is required for any event, the purchaser must advise at the time of purchase of the AFL Premium package. Wheelchair and carer spaces are limited and will be subject to availability.
Following full payment, you will receive further information regarding your AFL Premium package, including ticketing fulfilment and any relevant event information, via email in the lead up to your selected event. Tickets for the event/s will be electronic, issued in the lead up to the booking contact nominated at the time of booking, on behalf of all guests within the booking. No tickets will be provided without all necessary contact details of the purchaser and any information required for attendees.
Terms of Payment and Cancellation
Payment in full is required at the time of booking. Credit card/debit card, BPAY or Direct Deposit payments are accepted up to 15 days prior to the event. For bookings made within 14 days of the event, only credit card payments are accepted. See Methods of Payment below. Subject to applicable laws, all payments made are non-refundable (except as set out in these Booking Conditions). If payments are not received by the due date, reservations will be automatically cancelled without notice.
Methods of Payment
- All payments must be made in Australian dollars, payment in any other currency will not be accepted.
- Credit Card / Debit Card: AFL Event Office accepts credit card / debit card payments, subject to the following fees: Visa, MasterCard 1.32% of the amount payable, American Express 2% of the amount payable. This fee will be added to the amount due as detailed on your invoice. The credit card / debit card used to pay for the booking must belong to the person in whose name the booking is held, the cardholder must also be attending the event. For security purposes, in the situation where this is not possible and for all bookings where the total booking value is over $10,000, AFL Event Office will require a clear copy of either the cardholder’s drivers licence or passport as proof of identity. The cardholder will also be required to return a signed form authorising AFL Event Office to charge the nominated credit card / debit card and return this form direct to AFLEO.
- Please note: AFLEO does not accept payments via Virtual Credit Cards.
- BPAY: The AFL Event Office Biller Code and your individual BPAY payment reference number will appear on your invoice. A BPAY fee of $1.15 applies.
- Direct Deposit: AFL Event Office bank account details will be listed on your invoice. AFL Event Office is not liable for remitting bank fees, please make any arrangements necessary to cover such fees.
- Due to an increase in fraudulent activity, please note the following:
- Requests for the refund of overpayments via BPAY and Direct Deposit will take up to 30 business days. Requests will not be processed until the recipient has been adequately identified.
- Requests for a refund to be credited to a bank account, other than that used for the payment in question, will require a Statutory Declaration.
General Travel Group Pty Ltd, trades under licence from the AFL as AFL Event Office (AFLEO). All AFLEO clients are protected under Australian Consumer Law; for further details click here to visit the ACCC website.
Our services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
You are also entitled to be compensated for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. If the failure does not amount to a major failure you are entitled to have problems with the service rectified in a reasonable time and, if this is not done, to cancel your contract and obtain a refund for the unused portion of the contract.
These Booking Terms and Conditions (effective January 2023) supersede any previous version published by AFL Event Office. In making this booking and/or amendments thereto, I agree to be bound by the Booking Terms and Conditions. Any prior arrangements, agreements, representations or undertakings are superseded.
Law of Contract
These Booking Conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria and any action arising under them or in any way connected with the travel arrangements may be bought only in a court in Victoria, subject to any law which is expressly inconsistent with this.
AFLEO Conditions of Responsibility
AFL Event Office, a division of General Travel Group Pty Ltd ABN 85 003 133 551 and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies, give notice that all final documentation issued by them, or on their behalf is supplied as agents, and all arrangements for, entry tickets, are supplied upon the express conditions that they are not liable for any injury, damage, loss, accident, delay, sickness howsoever caused or occurring to persons or to property.
AFL Event Office and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies gives notice that should any damage be caused by the guest to the property, contents or grounds of a third party supplier in carrying out the arrangements, the costs of repairing any damage caused by the guest will be the responsibility of the guest and must be paid to AFL Event Office forthwith by the guest.
AFL Event Office and/or the subsidiaries and/or associated companies accept no responsibility for loss or additional expenses for any failure to perform or delay if that failure or delay is due to anything beyond their reasonable control. Should there be any disruptions or delays to any service to be provided it will be the responsibility of the passenger to contact AFL Event Office or the Agent/Operator.
AFL Event Office and/or their subsidiaries and/or associated companies give notice that if guests are attending an event that the event tickets will be subject to Conditions of Entry to the Venue. These conditions are available by contacting AFL Event Office, Level 3, 11 Queens Road, Melbourne, Victoria, Australia 3004. Tel (03) 7035 3790 Email: email@example.com. This clause does not exclude or limit the application of any statutory provision where to do so would contravene that statute or cause any part of this clause to be void.
AFL Event Office and/or the subsidiaries and/or associated companies excludes all implied conditions and warranties except any implied condition or warranty, the exclusion of which, would contravene any statutory provision or cause any part of this clause to be void. AFL Event Office and/or the subsidiaries and/or associated companies liability is limited, where it is liable, to refunding the price of the service or product.