AFL Event Office - commitment to your Privacy
What information does the AFL Event Office gather?
Unless you specifically tell us, the AFL Event Office will never know who you are. You may, however, elect to tell us things that you want us to remember. We hope that, like many of our users and customers, you will want to provide information about yourself to the AFL Event Office website(s) because it will help us to make our sites and services more valuable to you.
We collect your personal information at the time you sign up and / or when you create an account to facilitate an online purchase. We require information necessary to complete your booking, although you may choose to provide us with additional information so that the quality of service received is improved. Please note that any additional information you provide to us concerning special requirements for services to be provided is only collected and/or used as necessary in order to provide you with specific additional travel arrangements or information.
Your personal information will only be used or disclosed as is necessary for the following purposes:
- to provide you with the goods and services available through the website,
- for administrative purposes and to assist us to improve our websites and services,
- to provide you with information and offers relevant to our services.
We track traffic patterns throughout our sites. We use a feature of your browser called a "cookie" to assign a Session ID. The Session ID by itself cannot be used to find out your identity or the identities of any of our users: it only identifies your browser session to our servers when you visit our sites, and it only lasts until the end of your current browser session.
Why do we gather the information and how will we use it?
The AFL Event Office aims to provide you with better services and more compelling reasons to come back and visit our sites. In the future, we may use the information you provide us with to provide personalised portions of our sites to you that are intended to provide just the information you are interested in receiving. We analyse what our users and customers like and don't like about the content, products and services on the AFL Event Office sites so that we can constantly improve them for your use.
Occasionally, we will send you e-mail communications to provide information which we think you will find useful, including information about travel deals and services from the AFL Event Office and/or its wholly owned associated companies. It is our policy only to send e-mail to customers who give us permission to do so. In every such e-mail, we will also have instructions on how you may unsubscribe from the email list so that you will not receive any future e-mails if you do not wish to - see the "Opt-out Policy " below.
How Do We Use And Disclose Your Personal Information?
In general the AFL Event Office may use and disclose your personal information for a number of reasons, including:
- verify your identity
- conduct AFL business, develop, run, administer and market programs, activities and other events related to AFL
- administer the websites and provide you with access to the websites
- keep you informed of news and information relating to AFL including by distributing newsletters, publications and other communication via various mediums
If you do not wish to receive our newsletters, publications and other communications, please contact us at email@example.com
We may disclose your personal information to:
- organisations involved in AFL and sporting programs and initiatives in Australia
- companies that we have engaged to carry out functions and activities on our behalf
- organisations where it is perceived that disclosure may lessen a risk of harm to the health or safety of any person
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers
- our insurers
- as otherwise required by law
Trans-Border Data Flows And Third Party Websites
Where it is required to provide a good or service which you have purchased, we will disclose your personal information to third parties, some of whom may be overseas. You accept that these third parties may not have in place equivalent privacy policies.
Accessing, Changing And Deleting Your Personal Information
The AFL Event Office will retain your information in order to allow you to make future purchases from the website, until you request that we delete it from our database. In order to request that your personal information be removed from our database, please send your request to us via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The AFL Event Office is committed to providing customers with a fair and responsible system for the handling of customer complaints. If at any time you have any complaints in relation to privacy or the operation of an AFL Event Office website, please contact us at email@example.com.
Security - Is my information safe?
When you place orders via the booking engine or seek to subscribe to our publications , we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server software (SSL) encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us. Furthermore, all of the data we collect is protected by state-of-the-art 'firewalls' against unauthorized access.
Credit Card Security
The AFL Event Office is committed to ensuring that credit card details are collected and handled in a secure manner. The AFL Event Office will take all reasonable steps to protect the credit card details you provide to it by:
- ensuring that credit card details are transmitted using encrypted SSL/TLS pages with at least 2048 bit certificates.
- credit card details are stored only for the time required to complete the payment(s) with our financial institution.
- when stored, credit card details are stored in an encrypted format.
- while stored, only the first four (4) and last four (4) digits of the credit card number are ever visible to AFL Event Office accounts staff.
- once a payment transaction is complete, credit card details are destroyed.
- transaction histories only retain the first four (4) and last four (4) digits of the credit card number for reference purposes.
When registering with AFL Event Office, unless specified by you at the time, you will automatically be included on our email list.
Each email newsletter you receive has simple instructions on how to immediately unsubscribe from our newsletter list. To do this you must use the email addresses you specified at the time of registering or joining an email newsletter.
If at any time you decide that you do not wish to receive newsletters, publications and other communications please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you change or move email addresses please let us know so we can redirect your email to your new address.
By using our websites, you consent to the collection and use of this information by the AFL Event Office.